Meticulous Assault Attorneys in Southwest Michigan
If you have been charged with assault and battery in Michigan, you can turn to our assault defense lawyers at David G. Moore, Attorney at Law. Our legal team has more than a decade of experience. We vigorously defend individuals against all types of violent crimes and other criminal charges. In addition, our founding lawyer’s prior experience as an assistant district attorney is an added benefit. Contact us day or night for a free, confidential consultation.
Defending Against All Types Of Michigan Assault Charges
Non-domestic assault charges come in many kinds, including:
- Simple assault: The basic charge of assault in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense, punishable by up to 93 days of jail time and/or $500 in fines.
- Aggravated assault: Committing battery resulting in a serious injury is a misdemeanor offense, punishable by up to 12 months of jail time and/or $1,000 in fines.
- Felonious assault: This felony offense involves assaulting someone with a deadly weapon (a gun, knife, club, brass knuckles, broken bottle, etc.) and is punishable by up to four years of prison time and/or $2,000 in fines. Penalties increase if the offense occurred in a weapon-free school zone.
- Assault GBH: Assault with intent to do “great bodily harm” less than murder is a felony punishable by up to 10 years of prison time or $5,000 in fines.
- Assault with intent to commit murder: This is a felony offense and may result in a life sentence.
As your criminal defense team, we will diligently explore all the defenses available to you. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may be able to argue that you did not intend to inflict serious injuries, that you were acting in self-defense or that witness testimony against you is unreliable.
Charged With Aggravated Assault, Domestic Violence or Another Crime? Contact A Kalamazoo Criminal Defense Lawyer.
Call our Portage office at (269) 808-8007 to arrange for a free, one-on-one consultation about fighting the assault and battery charges against you. Or, you can contact our firm online and a legal professional at our office will respond promptly.